Rape Crisis Intervention Service of Carroll County
Rape Crisis Intervention Service of Carroll County (RCIS) provides free counseling and other support services to victims of sexual violence and their families. We also offer prevention education programs and professional training.
Crisis Worker needed for small, non-profit, rape crisis center. 14-21 hours/week, salaried, non-exempt, grant-funded. Position contingent upon funding availability. Regular schedule will be Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays and other times as needed. Must be available to work day, occasional evening and/or weekend hours, depending upon demand.
Overview of Requirements
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate RCIS community-based sexual violence educational programs and presentations to select, high-risk, underserved populations such as Incarcerated, LGBT+ and Elderly victims of sexual violence
- Provide crisis intervention services as warranted
- Build and maintain partnerships with community organizations and provide agency representation when warranted
- Maintain and facilitate Threads of Compassion program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Business or other related discipline
- Minimum two years’ experience working in related environment
- Public speaking and/or training experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; event planning experience
- Thorough understanding of sexual assault issues
- Competency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms; database experience helpful
- MUST have ability to work flexible schedule including days, evenings and occasional weekends
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have access to reliable, insured vehicle
- Must pass criminal background check
Please click here for a full job description. ONLY resumes with a cover letter and salary requirements will be considered. No phone calls.
Submit to: email@example.com, or mail to CEO, Rape Crisis Intervention Service of Carroll County, 224 N. Center Street, Room 102, Westminster, MD 21157. Application deadline is July 26, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org